Ryan Williams from Cadre, Kim-Mai Cutler from Initialized Capital, DAO 101 with Jarrod Dicker from The Chernin Group, Biz Carson from Protocol, and more!
Hope you had a wonderful 4th! Amazing line-up of events this week. Hope to see you at an event and in-person next week!
5 Things You Can’t Miss:
- Tuesday at 5pm ET: Meet Midas Kwant, Founder of Next Question, and learn more about his amazing Q&A app that uses text-questions and voice answers to learn more about your friends at our weekly Pitch Night. (RSVP)
- Tuesday at 6pm ET: Can’t wait to chat with Kim-Mai Cutler, Partner at Initialized Capital, (and previously a journalist at TechCrunch, Bloomberg, and the WallStreet Journal!) for our 44th Upstream Investor Series. (RSVP)
- Wednesday at 1pm ET: Join us for Founder Series with Ryan Williams, CEO & Co-Founder of Cadre. We’ll explore why he founded Cadre, Cadre’s mission, and how Cadre can be leveraged by individual investors. (RSVP)
- Thursday at 2pm ET: What is a DAO actually? Why is everyone talking about them? We’ll talk with Jarrod Dicker, Partner at The Chernin Group, about DAOs and why there is so much excitement around them. (RSVP)
- Friday at 1pm ET: Don’t miss this weekly session of all things NFT’s. This week we have David Goldberg, Managing Partner at Alpaca VC, to discuss the venture investability of NFTs. (RSVP)
Upcoming IRL Events:
- Wednesday 7/7 at 5pm ET: Every first Wednesday of the month, the Serial Marketers Community mixers are back in-person! Join Zack Rosenberg and David Berkowitz to gather IRL. It’s a tradition going back 20 years. (RSVP)
- Wednesday 7/14 at 6pm ET: Our 2nd Upstream IRL Tech & VC Happy Hour, this time on the beautiful roof of Spring Place in Tribeca. Made possible by our friends at Cadre. (RSVP)
- Thursday 7/8 at 5pm ET: Join us for a Happy Hour with entrepreneurs, engineers and other folks in tech from the Caribbean Community! (All are welcomed). (RSVP)
- Thursday 7/15 at 6pm ET: We’re back at The Ritz Carlton, South Beach. Thank you Greenlight.AI for sponsoring! (RSVP)
- Wednesday 7/28: The Made in Israel Community is hosting a Rooftop Happy Hour. Save the date! (RSVP)
Reminder: You can join from web or mobile!
Win of the Week: Has Upstream helped you professionally? Share your Upstream win with Alex/Sarah to get featured (& get a special Upstream gift!)
We LOVE an Upstream serendipity moment!! Nothing more magical than finding something in common with someone you just met.
New Feature Alert: Upstream Reconnect Announcement
Last week, we announced a new product called Upstream Reconnect. Super grateful for the opportunity to chat with Emily Chang from Bloomberg about how this tool will help you reconnect with the people you’ve lost touch with professionally.
We’re building our waitlist and will pull users off throughout the summer. You can join the waitlist here!
To read more more about Upstream Reconnect, check out our blog, Bloomberg, & The New York Post.
THIS WEEK’S EVENTS ROUND-UP
Open the links below from your phone or from your computer!
TUESDAY the 6th
Evening: 5pm — 9pm ET
- Pitch Night with Midas Kwant from Next Question at 5pm ET
- Investor Series #44 with Kim-Mai Cutler — Partner at Initialized Capital at 6pm ET
WEDNESDAY the 7th
Afternoon: 12pm — 5pm ET
- Modernizing Mature Tech Companies for the Future of Work with Awais Shaikh, Partner at AWS Capital at 12:30pm ET
- Founder Series: Ryan Williams, CEO & Co-Founder of Cadre at 1pm ET
- Startup Best Practices Series #12 w/ Andrew Oddo, Director of Early Stage Practice at Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) at 2pm ET
Evening: 5pm — 9pm ET
THURSDAY the 8th
Morning: 9am — 12pm ET
Afternoon: 12pm — 5pm ET
- BD Meetup #30 with Mark Munro — Partnerships at First Round Capital at 1pm ET
- DAO 101 with Jarrod Dicker — Partner at The Chernin Group (former WashPo exec) at 2pm ET
- Investor / Founder meetup with Kate Shillo Beardsley, GP at Hannah Grey at 4pm ET
Evening: 5pm — 9pm EST
- Caribbeans in Tech Meetup — Miami at 5pm ET
- Credit Card Points Earning Hacks 💳 at 5:30pm ET
- Sports Business Event #23 with Arlesha Amazan — Marketing & Strategy Executive at CAA Sports at 6pm ET
FRIDAY the 9th
Afternoon: 12pm — 5pm EST
- NFT Community Event #19 — Venture Investability of NFTs with David Goldberg — General Partner at Alpaca VC at 1pm ET
- Community Spotlight: Joo-Lee Lim, LP & Fund of Funds at 2pm ET
- Upstream Social #69 — Biz Carson — Reporter at Protocol at 2:30pm ET
- Starting a SaaS Startup: Shomik Ghosh, Principal of Boldstart Ventures on 07/12 at 10am ET
- Meet Some Media People! On 07/12 at 6pm ET
- Upstream Admins Only Event #9 on 07/12 at 7pm ET
- Commercial Real Estate Matching on 07/13 at 12pm ET
- Mission-led Investing with Ryan Bloomer, K50 Ventures on 07/13 at 6pm ET
- Future of Prop Tech with Jeanne Casey, Investor at MetaProp Ventures on 07/14 at 12:30pm ET
- Conversation with Chief Master Sgt. Kevin Laliberte — Senior Director at United States Space Force on 07/14 at 3pm ET
- Miami Tech Social #19 (virtual) on 07/14 at 6pm ET
- NY IRL Tech & VC Happy Hour: #2 on 07/14 at 6pm ET
- NY Startup Community Meet-Up on 07/14 at 6pm ET
- Community Community Chat #8 with Carly Valancy on Community & Fun on 07/15 at 12pm ET
- PR Pros Networking XX (w/ special guest host) on 07/15 at 12:30pm ET
- Earning 8% APY in Crypto Stablecoins 💵 on 07/15 at 5:30pm ET
- Miami Tech Social #18 IRL July Gathering at The Ritz Carlton, South Beach on 07/15 at 6pm ET
- Joy Soldier Meet-Up #8 on 07/15 at 6pm ET
- Sports Business Event #24 on 07/15 at 6pm ET
- Dealflow Event #6: Testflights and Companies I’m Seeing on 07/15 at 7pm ET
- The guide to EVERY type of facial…like wtf is dermaplanning? On 07/16 at 12pm ET
- NFT Community Event #20 on 07/16 at 1pm ET
If you have any friends you think might like the events above, share the link with them so they can RSVP and join!
Can’t wait to see you at an event!