Upstream Events: How Do You Get Started Buying NFTs? Teach-In from Me & Interviews with Cody Simms from Techstars, Berber Jin at The Information, Allison Galer at Disrupt The Game, Nick Adams at Differential Ventures, & More!
Meet your next investor or co-founder at an Upstream virtual event this week!
With the rise of Covid cases, we’ve increased the cadence of our virtual events so you have more opportunities to meet amazing people, even if we’re not gathering in-person.
What You Can’t Miss This Week:
- Tuesday at 6pm ET: Jam with Nick Adams, Co-Founder & Managing Partner at Differential Ventures, an early-stage fund that invests in startups that are on the cutting edge of data science and machine learning. (RSVP)
- Tuesday at 7pm ET: This week at Pitch Night, meet Haley Fradkin, Tulane Alumni and Co-Founder at Revibe, an app reimagining the dating app experience through search and categories. (RSVP)
- Wednesday at 12pm ET: Join Alex Scialom of Fresh Ventures (& 1st employee at Box!) to hear about what the Future of Work can learn from Cloud Computing. (RSVP)
- Wednesday at 4:55pm ET: Hear from Cody Simms, SVP of Climate & Sustainability at Techstars. Previously, Cody was CPO at StumbleUpon, VP of Product Management at Yahoo, and PM at NYT, Sprint, and NBC Internet, & Snap.com. (RSVP)
- Thursday at 7pm ET: Want to buy a NFT but not sure how to start? I’m hosting a new series to help people interested in cryptos and NFTs get initially set up. (RSVP)
- Friday at 1pm ET: Learn about DinoMonks, the first NFT project focused solely on Mental Health and Wellness, at this week’s NFT Community meet-up. (RSVP)
- Friday at 3pm ET: Catch up with our friend Berber Jin, who recently joined The Information from Business Insider. Berber covers tech and capital markets. (RSVP)
Reminder: You can join from web or mobile!
Laura Schaack, CEO of Tattd, met two amazing investors and two fellow female founders that she scheduled follow-ups with!
New Feature Alert: Onboarding Emails
We’re hard at work improving our user experience and education. If you recently joined Upstream, you’ll receive three emails over the course of your first week on Upstream explaining how to get the most out of your Upstream experience.
THIS WEEK’S EVENTS ROUND-UP
Open the links below from your phone or from your computer!
TUESDAY the 24th
Evening: 5pm — 9pm ET
- Investor Series #51 with Nick Adams — Managing Partner at Differential Ventures at 6pm ET
- Pitch Night #37 with Revibe at 7pm ET
WEDNESDAY the 25th
Afternoon: 12pm — 5pm ET
- What Future of Work Can Learn from Cloud Computing with Alex Scialom of Fresh Ventures (1st employee at Box) at 12pm ET
- Active Investors #29 with Cody Simms SVP of Climate & Sustainability Techstars at 4:55pm ET
Evening: 5pm — 9pm EST
THURSDAY the 26th
Afternoon: 12pm — 5pm EST
- Community Community Chat #11 with Emily Tella and Nicole Sievers on Building Community at LinkedIn at 12pm ET
- Conscious Capitalism 101: Benefit Corps v C Corps at 3pm ET
Evening: 5pm — 9pm EST
- Sports Business Event #25 with Allison Galer — Founder and President of Disrupt The Game at 6pm ET
- How To: Set Up Your Crypto and NFT Wallet at 7pm ET
FRIDAY the 27th
Afternoon: 12pm — 5pm EST
- NFT Community Event #27 with Dinomonks team at 1pm ET
- Upstream Social #76 with Berber Jin at The Information at 3pm ET
- Meet & Greet with Guest Speaker Omri Dor, Founder and CEO Obligo on 08/30 at 3:10pm ET
- Miami Tech Social #20 with Amanda Goetz — Founder of House of Wise on 08/30 at 5pm ET
- Upstream Admin Mixer on 08/30 at 6pm ET
- Investor Series #52 with Tahl Milburn — Investor @ New World Angels on 08/31 at 6pm ET
- Pitch Night #38 with Pearls on 08/31 at 7pm ET
- Fractional Hiring & Fractional Working — conversation hosted by Vlad Lokshin, Cofounder of Turtle + openmic + 3 matches on 09/01 at 12pm ET
- Dealflow Event #7: Testflights and Companies I’m Seeing on 09/01 at 6pm ET
- HOperations on 09/01 at 6:30pm ET
- Conscious Capitalism 101: Belief Driven Buyers on 09/02 at 3pm ET
- Investor / Founder meetup with Kate McAndrew, Partner at Bolt on 09/02 at 4pm ET
- NFT Community Event #28 on 09/03 at 1pm ET
- Upstream Social #77 on 09/03 at 3pm ET
- Pitch Night #39 with Maya on 09/07 at 6pm ET
- Creator Economy X Future of Work with Cody McCauley of Bloomberg Beta and Chris Lamontagne, CEO of Spri.ng on 09/08 at 12pm ET
- Female Founders #19 — Women in FinTech on 09/08 at 3pm ET
- Conscious Capitalism 101: Communicating & Verifying Corporate Values on 09/09 at 3pm ET
- Investor Series #53 with Jeff Morris Jr. — Founder and Managing Partner at Chapter One on 09/09 at 5pm ET
- Upstream Social #78 with Nicole Perlroth — Cybersecurity Reporter at The New York Times and author of “This Is How They Tell Me The World Ends” on 09/09 at 6pm ET
- NFT Community Event #29 on 09/10 at 1pm ET
If you have any friends you think might like the events above, share the link with them so they can RSVP and join!
Can’t wait to see you at an event!