Upstream Events: The Path to a16z GP with David Haber, All Things Marketing with Hubspot CMO Kipp Bodnar, Pitch Contest with Female Founders Fund, Emerging Managers Session, & More!
Incredible turnout for our conversation with Reid Hoffman about mastering scale last Friday.
We tested our own mastery of scale, hosting the largest Upstream virtual event in company history (466 RSVPs!)
Missed the event? You can watch the event on Upstream’s YouTube page here.
🔥 5 Things You Can’t Miss This Week: 🔥
- 🦩 Tuesday at 5 PM ET: Join the Miami Tech Community for a chat with Will Weinraub, #MiamiTech OG and Founding Partner of recently launched Flamingo Capital. (RSVP)
- 🗽 Tuesday at 6PM ET: Meet David Haber, a16z’s first fully NYC-based General Partner. David founded Bond Street (acquired by Goldman Sachs) after starting his career at Spark Capital! Learn how he got here and what he’ll do first at a16z! (RSVP)
- 🌱 Wednesday at 5 PM ET: Are you an Emerging Manager? You can’t miss this chat with Lindel Eakman, Managing Director of Foundry Group Next, Foundry Group’s Emerging Manager Investment Arm and former Head of Venture Investing for University of Texas. (RSVP)
- 🎨 Friday at 12 PM ET: Couldn’t be more excited to chat with Kipp Bodnar, CMO of HubSpot, for a session on all things start-up marketing! Kipp’s advice has been super helpful personally to us at Upstream, this is a must-attend session. (RSVP)
- ✍️ Friday at 3 PM ET: Join us for a conversation with Rani Molla, Senior Data Reporter at Recode/Vox (previously Bloomberg & WSJ) to learn what the role data visualization plays when writing about business and technology news! (RSVP)
❓ Ask of the Week: Reid Hoffman’s Dream Interview Guest ❓
Reid Hoffman would love to interview Rihanna on his podcast Masters of Scale about how she built and scaled the iconic Fenty brand.
Have a connection to Rihanna? Shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll connect you with his team.
🌟 Win of the Week: 🌟
We couldn’t be more excited to partner with Female Founders Fund and Lightspeed Venture Partners for their first-ever virtual startup pitch competition, hosted on 9/23 on Upstream!
In alignment with FFF’s everyday mission, the purpose of this pitch competition is to provide capital, strategic mentorship, business tools and more to propel underrepresented female founders.
You can learn more and RSVP here!
THIS WEEK’S EVENTS ROUND-UP
Open the links below from your phone or from your computer!
TUESDAY the 14th
Evening: 5pm — 9pm EST
- Miami Tech Social #21 with Will Weinraub — #MiamiTech OG and Founding Partner of Flamingo Capital at 5pm ET
- Meet BMCC Student & Alumni Innovators at 5pm ET
- Investor Series #54 with David Haber — General Partner at A16Z at 6pm ET
- Recovering the Ecosystem with Leah Kintner at 6:30pm ET
- Pitch Night #40 with Jinx Drinx at 7pm ET
WEDNESDAY the 15th
Afternoon: 12pm — 5pm ET
- Female Founders #19 — Women in FinTech at 3pm ET
- Insider Infuencer Intel with Applegate’s Leo Morejon at 4pm ET
Evening: 5pm — 9pm EST
- Lindel Eakman, Fund-of-Funds Partner at Foundry Group Next at 5pm ET
- Healthcare Community Social with Rachel Trobman (Founder and CEO, Upside Health / Branch) at 7pm ET
THURSDAY the 16th
Morning: 9am — 12pm ET
Afternoon: 12pm — 5pm EST
FRIDAY the 17th
Afternoon: 12pm — 5pm EST
- All Things Marketing with Kipp Bodnar — CMO at HubSpot at 12pm ET
- Developing Cryptoart’s Future at 12pm ET
- NFT Community Event #30 at 1pm ET
- Upstream Social #79 with Rani Molla — Senior Data Reporter at Recode / Vox at 3pm ET
- Upstream Admins Only Event #11 on 09/20 at 5pm ET
- Media People Talks To… Ben Smith! On 09/20 at 6pm ET
- Investor Series #55 with Yasmine Morrison — Investor at Florida Funders on 09/21 at 6pm ET
- Pitch Night #41 with Just Play on 09/21 at 7pm ET
- Wellness NYC IRL meetup at Hydra Studios with Tune meditation and 28Muses movement experience on 09/22 at 6pm ET
- Connecting Marketing Talent with Brands, Featuring Publicist CEO Lara Vandenberg on 09/23 at 12pm ET
- Community Community Chat #13 with Noele Flowers on 09/23 at 12pm ET
- Female Founders Pitch Competition on 09/23 at 1pm ET
- How To: Set Up Your Crypto and NFT Wallet Part 4 — Minting NFTs on 09/23 at 4pm ET
- Miami Tech Social IRL September Gathering at The Ritz Carlton, South Beach on 09/23 at 6pm ET
- Networking Night in the Park on 09/23 at 6pm ET
- GIMBHI’s 2nd NYC Digital Health Hangout (IRL EVENT: NYC) on 09/23 at 6:30pm ET
- NFT Community Event #31 on 09/24 at 1pm ET
- Let’s Talk Mental Health — Open Mic led by Wendy Willard (Strength Coach) + 3 matches on 09/24 at 3pm ET
- Upstream Social #80 on 09/24 at 3pm ET
If you have any friends you think might like the events above, share the link with them so they can RSVP and join!
Can’t wait to see you at an event!